Temporary Alcohol License

You may be eligible for a Temporary Alcohol license (TAL) if you have one of the following suspension and have filed for an administrative hearing:

Implied Consent
Implied Consent under 21
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of .15
BAC of .02 or more under 21
While the results of your hearing are pending, you may receive a TAL for $100.

You will be able to use your TAL until the SCDMV receiving the results of the hearing.

If your suspension is sustained or continues to be in place, you must return the TAL to an SCDMV branch. You may be eligible for a Route Restricted driver’s license (see above).

If your suspension is overturned, you must return the TAL. You will be able to apply for your regular license