Doctor Visit Done Right: What to Ask Your Doc

The doctor’s office is the last place you want to be, especially after a car accident. It doesn’t take a head injury to set your mind spinning, with worries whizzing through your mind as you sit in the waiting room.

How will I pay for this? And what about vehicle repairs? How will I cover all the bills if I can’t go back to work? Oh great, the insurance company is calling AGAIN.

West Law Firm is here to put your mind at ease. Our experienced car accident attorneys can help, starting with getting you the medical treatment you need in Berkeley County, SC.

That said, your injuries might not require immediate attention at the scene, or even a trip to the Emergency Room. But it’s important to visit a doctor as soon as possible after your accident.

It can be tempting to ignore a minor backache or dismiss a sore neck, assuming they’ll go away within a few days. But these aches and pains could become serious problems down the road, and if you plan to seek compensation, it’s important to have documentation of your doctor’s visit.

Regardless of the severity of your injuries, it’s important to get all the information you can from your doctor. Here at West Law Firm, we recommend asking the following questions:

  • What injuries do I have? How serious are they?

If your doctor can’t provide a definitive answer, they may recommend a follow-up appointment. Keep in mind that some injuries worsen over time, or may not be evident right away.

  • Did my car accident cause my injury?

Your doctor’s professional opinion could be crucial to your case, so be sure that the answer to this question is noted in your medical record.

  • Can I return to work?

Your doctor will likely recommend a recovery plan – one that may require you to miss work or to avoid specific activities. Make sure this is documented as well.

  • What are the long-term effects of my injury?

Some injuries may impact your daily activities for years, or even the rest of your life. Be sure to find out if you’re going to need continued care, such as physical therapy, medication or special work accommodations.

  • Can you provide a copy of my medical records?

Some doctors will give you a copy directly, but others may require a formal request. Do whatever it takes to get your hands on a copy of your records, including test results, x-rays/scans, ongoing treatment plans, referrals, prescriptions, etc.

Armed with information about your injury, and the documentation to prove it, our car accident attorneys can get to work. Our team will then pursue the damages you deserve after your car wreck, including compensation for the following:

  • Medical bills
  • Ongoing medical treatment
  • Lost wages
  • Vehicle damage
  • Pain and suffering

If you’ve been injured in an auto accident here in Moncks Corner or Berkeley County, SC, contact West Law Firm today to schedule your free consultation. Give us a call at 843-761-5626 or click here to get in touch!

West Law Firm Logo

Contact Us

Call us now at 843-483-8630 or fill out the form for a free consultation.

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
100% Secure and Confidential