Consult with our Moncks Corner knee injury lawyers. If you have been hurt at work, contact the West Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys at 843-483-8630 for a consultation.
You may deserve compensation for your knee injury. Contact our law firm today to start your case.
Representation For Knee Injuries at Work
Knee injuries are responsible for a large share of lost time at work. Knee injuries often take significant time to heal. For employers and workers, the time it takes to recover can cost productivity and income. If you have hurt your knee at work, you have important rights.
We represent people who have knee injuries on the job. You may have the right to:
- Medical care fully paid for you
- Surgeries and physical therapy until you reach maximum medical improvement
- 2/3 of your wage, up to a maximum, if you cannot work while you receive treatment
- A portion of your lost income if you can work in a reduced capacity
- Permanent disability benefits
We are committed to ensuring that you have the representation that you deserve. Ask for your consultation today by calling 843-483-8630.
Experienced Legal Representation
Our firm has been representing victims in Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry since 1945. With deep roots in the area, generations have relied on our legal team to meet their needs.
We are a team of highly accomplished, respected professionals. Our team provides experienced representation in injury claims including knee injuries that happen at work. For years, we have successfully helped people like you. We are proud to bring that dedication to your case.
Types of Knee Injuries on the Job
Knee injuries occur in many ways. A knee may be injured by a sudden blow or by the repeated tasks performed in the job.
Common knee injuries include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears: The ACL is a ligament that connects your bones. Sudden directional changes can cause ACT tears.
- Fractures: The patella, fibula, tibia and femur are all capable of withstanding a break. Accidents that involve a sudden blow may result in a fracture.
- Bursitis: Inflammation in the knee can occur because of repeated pressure. Bursitis of the knee can be especially damaging if the person has complications like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
- Torn meniscus: Sudden twisting, pivoting or weight bearing can cause a meniscus tear. Some tears do not heal without treatment, and surgery may be required.
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis is an overuse injury caused by micro stressors. The tendon can tear and become weak and painful.
The quality of the treatment that you receive may impact your recovery. It may impact your mobility and lifestyle in the future. That makes it extremely important to get the medical care that you deserve. Also, it’s important that you are not rushed back to work too quickly. As part of our legal representation, we carefully look at the medical care provided in your case to ensure that you receive the benefits afforded to you under the law.
Compensation for Knee Injuries
If you suffer a knee injury at work, you may deserve compensation. For on the job injuries, your right to compensation does not depend on fault. You may receive benefits even if the employer was not negligent in any way. You must show that your knee injury is the result of the course of your employment. It may happen in a single instant, or your knee injury may be the result of repeated trauma.
To receive compensation for a work-related injury, you must report the injury to your employer. Emergency care may be received from any healthcare professional. If you need ongoing medical care, you may receive it at no cost from an authorized provider. When you are unable to work, you may receive a portion of your lost income. Additional compensation should be paid for permanent injury.
While this is the compensation you should receive for a knee injury, the insurance company may not pay you what you deserve. Our Moncks Corner knee injury lawyers can represent you in fighting for your rights in workers’ compensation for your knee injury.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
Our knee injury lawyers are professional and knowledgeable in the matters affecting your family. That is the mission for every person that we serve.
Some of the reasons people choose to work with our legal team are:
- An experienced and well-respected team in the Moncks Corner area
- Success representing clients through settlement and litigation
- Familiarity with claims involving on the job injuries
- Understanding of the evidence needed including proving the injury and how the injury arose from the course of employment
- As a part of each case, we review the calculation of your wage benefits to ensure completeness
- We understand how to challenge inaccurate determinations of medical care, your ability to return to work, restrictions and permanent disability
- Our representation includes all aspects of the case including preparing documents and requesting your hearing
- At each stage, we answer your questions. If your have a hearing, we thoroughly prepare in advance so that you feel confident
- We pursue all avenues and possibilities to get results. If there may be multiple options, we give you honest advice. We are your representatives as well as your legal counselors throughout your case
When you need workers’ compensation for your knee injury, we are professionals who can handle the matter for you. It is our goal to get you results, providing outstanding legal advocacy that is customized to your needs.
We are skilled knee injury lawyers in Moncks Corner.
A knee injury can have a profound impact on your life. It is our goal to meet your legal needs so that you have the benefits that you deserve. These benefits can help you with your recovery and personal expenses following an injury.
Start your case today with a free consultation with our legal team. There is no obligation, and we answer any questions you may have about your case. Call 843-483-8630 today.