Our Moncks Corner burn injury lawyers can help you if you have been hurt at work. See how you may receive compensation and medical care for your injuries. Call 843-483-8630 to talk about your case today.
Legal help for burn injury victims
Burn injuries can be devastating – even life threatening. They can be painful, and the road to recovery can be long. West Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers provides legal help for burn injury victims. We are Moncks Corner burn injury lawyers helping people who are hurt on the job.
If you have suffered a burn injury in your employment, contact us online to talk about your right to compensation and how we can help.
Serving Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry Since 1945
Our firm has been serving the Moncks Corner community since 1945. We are experienced in the legal issues that matter to burn victims. Through the years, we have built a reputation for providing skilled legal services for things that matter to you and your family.
We are proud to provide a higher standard for Lowcountry families. When you need a Moncks Corner burn injury lawyer, you can rely on us to bring the experience and dedication needed to handle your situation.
Call 843-483-8630 for a consultation with our friendly and professional legal team.
Causes and types of burn injuries
There are several ways that a person can be burned at work. Each of them can cause serious injury to a victim:
- Thermal burns: Thermal burns may be what comes to mind when you first think about burn injuries. They occur when a heat source contacts the skin. Flames can cause thermal burns as well as hot metals, steam and hot liquids.
- Electrical burns: Electrical currents can cause burning when they travel through the body. Alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) may cause electrical burns. Internal organ damage and tissue damage may occur.
- Radiation burns: X-rays and even prolonged sunlight exposure can cause radiation burns. It may appear as redness, peeling and swelling. The bright light from a welding torch is a common cause of radiation burns in the workplace. The eyes may suffer injury.
- Chemical burns: A chemical that contacts the skin can cause burns and significant physical damage.
Compensation for Burn Injury Victims
If you suffer a burn injury on the job, there is a good chance that you qualify to receive benefits. You may have the right to:
- Emergency medical care from any provider
- Ongoing medical care from authorized providers, at no cost to you
- Replacement income up to maximum amounts
- Gap income if you work in a reduced capacity
- Permanent disability benefits
The purpose of the compensation system is to allow you to receive these benefits without having to prove that the employer is at fault for the injury. The critical question is not who is at but whether it resulted from the scope and course of your employment. (There may be exceptions for employee intentional misconduct and intoxication, but most people hurt at work can pursue their benefits on a no-fault basis.) Our lawyers explore every opportunity for you to receive compensation.
Damage from a burn injury at work
There are many ways that a person can be damaged by a burn injury. Some common injuries include:
- Hand and finger burns
- Eye damage
- Injury to the lower arms and wrists
- Internal organ damage
- Life-threatening injuries
Whatever injuries you suffer, you deserve fair compensation in the workers’ compensation system.
Industries where burn injuries are common
While a burn injury can occur in any industry, there are some industries where they are particularly common:
- Food services
- Health care
- Social services
- Transportation and warehousing
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
You don’t have to work in any particular field or job to have the right to workers’ compensation benefits for a burn injury. The injury doesn’t even have to be common to your job. If the injury is from the scope and course of your employment, you may qualify for benefits.
Experienced Legal Representation for On the Job Burn Accidents
Our team pursues workers’ compensation settlements and judgments for burn injury victims. We bring the experience and dedication to handle your legal situation. We are proud of our history of success.
Highlights of our law firm include:
- Focus on representing work injury victims; we represent individuals, not insurance companies.
- Understanding of the special issues that are unique to burn injury victims; we understand these cases can be complex. We carefully build medical evidence and documentary support.
- Client-focused representation. You can expect us to get to know you and thoroughly investigate your case. That allows us to customize your representation for your individual situation.
- Custom legal strategies for each person. Good legal representation represents you and your needs. You are not just another case to us. We explore many options that may be right for you.
- Settlements and judgments. Whether it is best to resolve your case by settlement or pursue a judgment through a hearing, we have a history of success.
- Explanations and counsel. Ultimately, we are your counselors as you navigate the compensation system following a burn injury. It’s critical to take the time to explain everything to you. You have the confidence to know that the legal system is working for you, and you always know what is expected of you as we work together.
When you work with West Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, you work with a team of highly accomplished and respected professionals in the legal community. Located in Moncks Corner, SC, we are proud to set the standard for exacting legal work and outstanding client service.
Consultations Available – Taking New Cases
Our Moncks Corner burn injury lawyers want you to have the compensation you deserve. Contact us now and request your consultation. We are currently taking new cases representing burn injury victims. See how we can represent you in bringing your claim.
Call 843-483-8630 today for your free consultation!