Did you know that you may receive compensation for a repetitive stress injury at work? The West Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers in Moncks Corner represent people who have suffered from repeated motion injuries on the job. Call 843-483-8630 today to talk about your case.
Most jobs require repetitive motion. When these tasks result in an injury, you may receive compensation. Learn how our work injury lawyers can assist you in claiming medical care, replacement income and disability benefits. Contact us today to talk about your case.
Workers’ Compensation for Repetitive Stress Injury Victims
Repetitive stress injuries may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. People often assume that workers’ compensation benefits are only for sudden injuries. That isn’t the case. Any injury that occurs on the job, or in the scope of employment, may qualify. These payments can be a welcome relief when you need help because of a repeated motion injury.
Experienced Legal Representation in Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry
At West Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe anyone who suffers from an injury on the job deserves fair treatment and compensation. Repetitive trauma injuries qualify in South Carolina when they are caused by repeated tasks at work. Our experienced lawyers build the case to prove the connection between your work activities and the harm that you have suffered. Then, we prove your right to benefits.
We represent victims in Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry. Some of the ways we work towards your workers’ compensation benefits are:
- Explaining your rights, the legal process and your options
- Gathering the medical evidence to prove the causal relationship of your work duties and injuries, including working with medical experts as needed
- Identifying the full nature of the injury and the treatment needed to reach maximum medical improvement
- Ensuring that you receive the wage compensation you deserve, and that it is calculated properly
- Understanding what you need to do to receive benefits, including working with authorized providers
- Making sure permanent disability benefits fully reflect your injuries
- Protecting your rights regarding light duty work and partial income benefits
- Filing claims documents and requesting hearings
- Negotiating your settlement or taking your case to a hearing
Throughout the case, we explain what’s going on and answer your questions. While we handle all the legal steps, you give input as we create a customized strategy for you.
For generations, our firm has helped people just like you. Contact us at 843-483-8630 to learn more and start the process for compensation.
Examples of Repetitive Stress Injuries
Some common examples of repetitive stress injuries include:
- Back strain, throwing your back out
- Wrist pain, tendonitis, tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, ligament stress and damage
- Muscle tears
- Shin splints and pain on the bone
- Pain in fingers and thumbs
- Shoulder pain and torn rotator cuff
- Knee injuries including patellofemoral pain syndrome, meniscus tears, cartilage damage, tendonitis and bursitis
Any kind of repetitive stress injury may be covered if you can show that it is the result of work duties. Building your case may require an inquiry into the tasks performed at work and how they are linked to your injuries. Our lawyers prepare this evidence for you as part of your case.
Legal Rights for Repetitive Stress Injuries at Work
When you have a repetitive stress injury on the job, you have rights. Your rights include:
- Medical care provided at no cost to you
- Care that continues until you reach the maximum medical improvement
- Replacement compensation if you are unable to work, as a percentage of your income
- Income to cover the gap in wages if you can work in a reduced capacity
- Permanent disability benefits if your injuries do not heal
- The right to a hearing if the insurance company doesn’t pay you fairly
- The right to an attorney throughout the entire process
Getting justice for a repetitive stress injury at work means understanding what you deserve in compensation and what you need to do to receive it. There are reporting requirements, and you must receive your medical care from an authorized provider. When you disagree with the decision of the insurance company, you must file a request for a hearing.
Our lawyers handle everything for you. We know that the workers’ compensation system is confusing. It may be your first experience with the system, but the insurance company has experts working in the field every day. Working with our experienced lawyers gives you a level playing field as we fight for the benefits that you deserve.
A Higher Standard in Legal Services
Our firm is proud to offer a higher standard in legal services for Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry. Since 1945, our law firm has been focused on meeting the needs of individuals. We have come to be known as a law firm with deep roots in the community. We are dedicated to the issues that matter to you most.
Our legal professionals are here to guide you through the entire process. We offer honest advice and precise representation. By thoroughly investigating and understanding your case, we can understand the appropriate benefits and fight for them. We regularly resolve cases through settlements and judgments.
Hire Our Moncks Corner Repetitive Injury Lawyers Today
We are currently taking new cases. If you have developed a repeated stress or strain injury because of your on the job duties, there is a good chance you have a claim. You must take the necessary steps to make your claim. You must respond to any obstacles that arise, including knowing what to do if the insurance company will not pay you fairly.
At West Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to securing your benefits through skillful and precise legal advocacy. We aim to be professional and knowledgeable as we help you on the road to recovery.
Request Your Consultation
Start your case with a free consultation with our lawyers. We are repetitive stress lawyers representing workers in Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry.
Don’t wait any longer to get your benefits. Call 843-483-8630 to request your free consultation and start your case today.