Individuals with spinal cord injuries on the job may claim workers’ compensation benefits. At West Law Firm, we are experienced Moncks Corner spinal cord injury lawyers. Call 843-483-8630 today.
Legal Representation for Spinal Cord Injury Claims on the Job
West Law Firm represents workers in spinal cord injury claims. For generations, families have relied on our professionals to handle their legal needs. We are proudly rooted in Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry.
If you have been hurt at work, you may receive spinal cord workers’ compensation benefits. We are professionals who have the skills, experience, legal resources and determination to pursue your benefits.
Don’t wait for the insurance company to treat you fairly. Don’t wonder if you’re getting the benefits you deserve. Contact us today at 843-483-8630 for a consultation about your case.
Types of Work-Related Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury may be complete or incomplete. A complete injury results in a loss of all senses and motor movement below the injury. An incomplete injury may allow some function below the location of impact. Paralysis may be tetraplegia/quadriplegia or paraplegia.
A victim may suffer from:
- Loss of feeling
- Inability to move limbs
- Not being able to sense hot and hold
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Reflex loss and spasms
- Sexual dysfunction
- Stinging or burning sensation
- Impairment of major life activities
- Chronic pain
Spinal cord injuries often coexist with other injuries. They vary significantly in severity. Because of the very serious nature of a spinal cord injury, any claim or potential claim should be handled with care. Your legal rights and options should be explored in full.
Our lawyers are ready for the task. We will carefully handle this legal matter that is so important for you and your future. In addition to pursuing your rights in the workers’ compensation system, we will also examine whether you qualify to bring a third-party injury claim. If this type of claim is right for you, we will thoroughly explain what you need to know, the pros and cons of each course of action and what is involved in each type of claim.
Compensation for spinal cord injury victims
All jobs carry some risk of injury, including spinal cord injury. Common causes of spinal cord injuries at work are:
- Slip and falls
- Sudden, traumatic blows to the body
- Crushing and compression, being run over
- Pushing and pulling of the body beyond what it can stand
- Motor vehicle crashes
Whatever the cause, if you suffer a spinal cord injury at work, you may qualify to receive benefits.
Can you get workers’ compensation for a spinal cord injury?
If your spinal cord injury occurred in the scope and course of your employment, you may receive workers’ compensation. Damage to the spinal cord is considered an injury that you may claim benefits for including medical care, wage replacement and disability benefits.
What benefits can you receive for a spinal cord injury?
Workers’ compensation benefits that you may receive for a spinal cord injury are:
- Medical care until you reach the maximum medical improvement
- A percent of your income as wages, up to statutory limits
- Payment for permanent disability if your injuries do not fully heal
Spinal cord injuries often require immediate medical treatment. However, you may also need treatment for a long period of time. Proper medical care for a spinal cord injury can take time. That’s okay. Your medical care should be paid in full if you use a provider chosen from a list provided by your employer.
Some spinal cord injuries improve with time. Other injuries are permanent. You deserve permanent disability compensation to the extent that you have an injury that does not heal. With spinal cord injuries, benefits are often high. That makes the insurance company more likely to try and fight your compensation or pay too little. Our lawyers are ready to ensure that you receive the benefits that you deserve.
Settlements and Judgments for Spinal Cord Injuries
It is our goal to represent you to receive the benefits you deserve if you suffer from a spinal cord injury at work. We pursue cases for our clients through settlements and judgments. We are experienced litigators, with the skills and experience to customize your representation. Whether it is best to negotiate in your case or pursue the matter at a hearing, we look at all the important factors and evaluate your options.
When you work with the West Law Firm Moncks Corner spinal cord injury lawyers, you can expect:
- An accomplished team on your case. A team of highly accomplished legal professionals will be dedicated to your case. We are well-respected in the legal community, and we bring that history to your legal matter.
- Hard work. Getting results for each client takes diligent work. We build the evidence in your case including the medical evidence needed to explain complicated spinal cord injuries.
- Honest advice. Good representation means explaining the situation and what to expect in your case. We give you honest advice and counsel throughout the case. You know exactly what to expect, and we answer all your questions.
- Legal skill. To receive compensation, you must know how to file your case. It’s also important to know what evidence to present and the arguments to make. We are experienced lawyers. We put our skills to work to file and pursue your case.
- Complete representation. To represent you well, we handle all the steps needed to pursue your legal matter. That means strategy, filing forms, attending hearings, building evidence and negotiating. You can count on us to do it all.
Learn more about our legal services and start your case today. Call 843-483-8630 to discuss your case.
Taking New Claims – Start with Your Consultation
If you’re ready to begin, or if you want to learn more, we invite you to contact our Moncks Corner spinal cord injury lawyers. We are proud to represent people like you who are suffering from work related injuries.
We are taking new claims. Start your case with a free consultation. Meet with our lawyers to learn more and get answers to your questions. Message us or call 843-483-8630 now to begin.