Are you suffering from an occupational disease? We are Moncks Corner lawyers representing victims of occupational disease. See how we can help you get compensation for your work-related illness. Call 843-483-8630 and request your consultation.
Workers’ Compensation for Occupational Diseases
Maybe your workplace took every precaution. Maybe they didn’t. Either way, you have an occupational disease. You are suffering.
You may receive compensation for an occupational disease.
Helping Victims of Occupational Disease Receive Benefits
At West Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys, we are Moncks Corner occupational disease lawyers. We help people suffering from work related diseases to access workers’ compensation benefits.
You may deserve medical care and cash benefits. Our lawyers help people like you get the justice they deserve.
Call 843-483-8630 or message us online to learn more and start your case.
Experienced Lawyers for Occupational Disease Claims
Occupational disease may occur in an instant – you may have a single exposure that causes disease. However, it’s much more common for occupational disease to happen slowly. You have the right to compensation – but it’s critical to link the exposure at work with your disease and harm.
Our lawyers have the experience and skill to handle your legal situation. We know how occupational disease claims can be complex. You can leave it to our team to gather the evidence and pursue your rights. Contact us for a consultation and see how we can help you.
Justice for occupational disease victims
When you have an occupational disease, you have important rights. You have the right to:
- Report your injury to your employer and request workers’ compensation benefits
- File a request for a hearing about your benefits
- Receive compensation for disability
- Access paid medical care for your condition
- Appeal your case if you disagree with the initial decision
- Present medical evidence, including using experts to explain scientific information
- Claim benefits even if there is a time distance between the exposure and your injury
- Representation from a lawyer throughout your case
When an occupational disease occurs, you have important rights. Our lawyers are a team of experienced professionals who can help you exercise your rights and receive your benefits.
Building a workers’ compensation claim for occupational disease
When a work-related injury is an occupational disease, building the claim can be especially complex. You must show that you have an occupational disease and that it has resulted in a disability. The insurance company may be especially eager to challenge either of these points.
Our lawyers carefully build your claim. We gather the evidence needed to prove your right to compensation. We respond to reasons that a claim may have been denied, and we pursue your case through hearings and settlement negotiations until you have justice.
What is an occupational disease?
An occupational disease is a disease that arises out of the course of employment. It occurs because of hazards that exceed those normally a part of employment. In other words, it is a disease that results from a risk and exposure that is unique to your job.
Can you get workers’ compensation for an occupational disease?
Yes. To get workers’ compensation for an occupational disease, you must show that the disease arose directly and naturally from exposure to the hazards unique to your employment. You must show the disability that resulted.
What is the burden of proof for workers’ compensation for an occupational disease?
The plaintiff must prove their right to benefits by a preponderance of the evidence.
Occupational Disease Waivers in South Carolina
Something you may encounter as you pursue your case is an Occupational Disease Waiver. This is a form that your employer may ask you to sign, waiving your right to further benefits if you continue in employment.
Our lawyers can help you understand this form and what it means to sign it. We can address this form as a part of your entire situation and benefits claim.
Serving Moncks Corner and the Lowcountry Since 1945
- Norman West founded our law firm in 1945 to provide excellence in legal services to individuals and families in the Lowcountry. Since its founding, the law firm has gone on to earn a reputation for providing professional legal services for the issues that matter.
Our team is comprised of highly successful professionals. We pursue our client’s claims both inside and outside the courtroom. Our team takes a wide view of each case. We consider all the options and your personal goals. Together, we create a plan and strategy for you.
Hard Work. Honest Advice. Real Results.
Suffering from a work-related disease is a serious matter. You may be impacted for the rest of your life. Medical care may be ongoing for a long period of time.
We know how important your case is to you. We pursue your case with diligence and dedication.
Reasons people choose our law firm include:
- A proud tradition of success serving Moncks Corner families for decades
- A legal team dedicated to your needs and legal rights
- Thorough understanding of the unique issues in occupational disease cases
- Personalized case building with medical evidence
- Understanding of the benefits you may deserve including medical care, cash benefits and disability compensation
- Knowledge of legal procedures, how to file a claim and what happens at a hearing
- Explanations of each step in the case and clear instructions for anything you need to do
- Answers to your questions and appreciation of your input as we work together as a team
At our firm, we are first and foremost accomplished legal professionals. We are proud of the success we have had bringing a higher legal standard to the Moncks Corner community.
We are also legal counselors. We want you to have confidence in the legal process, and to give input for your case. It’s our goal to provide full-service legal representation that meets your needs.
Taking New Cases – Get Your Free Consultation
If you have suffered from an occupational disease, work with the West Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys for your workers’ compensation claim. We represent people suffering from on the job injury and disease in Moncks Corner and throughout the Lowcountry.
Start your case with a free consultation with no obligation. Learn more about your case, what it might be worth and our legal services.
Get help today! Call 843-483-8630 or message us to talk to our team.