Even the most surefooted among us have taken a tumble or two, often resulting in nothing more than a scraped knee or twisted ankle. But slip and fall accidents can be very serious – especially when a property owner’s negligence is to blame. In fact, slips and falls account for over one million emergency room visits nationwide each year, according to the National Floor Safety Institute.
If your slip and fall injury was the result of a property owner’s failure to maintain safe conditions, West Law Firm can help. Our legal team knows South Carolina premises liability law inside and out, so you can rest assured that we’ll work tirelessly to hold the property owner accountable.
Not all slip and fall accidents can be prevented, but these tips can help keep you safe!
While you should always notify your supervisor or employer of potentially dangerous conditions, these simple practices can help maintain a safe workplace:
- Wear the proper shoes.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Keep walkways and doorways free of clutter.
- Maintain adequate lighting.
- Cover cords/wires in walkways and heavy-traffic areas.
- Close filing cabinets and drawers when finished.
- Install non-slip mats in slippery spots, like entrances or stairwells.
Whether you’re at the mall or the playground, these tips can help you spot hazards and prevent a painful slip and fall.
- Keep an eye out for torn carpet or uneven flooring.
- Avoid wet floors/pavement.
- Exercise caution when using elevators, escalators and stairs.
- Stay alert in parking lots and garages, especially at night.
- Ask for assistance in reaching high shelves or moving heavy merchandise.
Again, if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Berkeley County or the greater Charleston area, West Law Firm is here for you! Our experienced legal team is equipped to fight for the compensation you deserve, and to provide the support you need along the way.
To schedule your free consultation here in Moncks Corner, SC, call 843-761-5626 or click here.
About West Law Firm, P.A.
Founded by H. Norman West in 1945, West Law Firm has served the Lowcountry for nearly 75 years. Practice areas include personal injury, car wrecks, criminal defense, DUI defense, family law, wrongful death, land disputes, business litigation, probate and estate planning, and alternative dispute resolution.
West Law Firm, P.A.
207 Carolina Avenue
Moncks Corner SC 29461