Workplace injuries are more common than you may think, occurring across all industries. Contrary to popular belief, on-the-job accidents are not only prevalent among those performing manual labor or spending their days exposed to the elements. In fact, there are three Workers’ Compensation claims filed for every 100 full-time employees in the United States.
If you have been hurt at work in Berkeley County, contact the Workers’ Compensation attorneys at West Law Firm. Our team will not only help ensure you receive the medical care you need, but the benefits you deserve.
5 Most Common Workers’ Comp Injuries
Here are the top five most common Workers’ Comp injuries:
- Physical exertionThe most common workplace injuries are the result of excessive physical effort – such as lifting, carrying or pulling heavy objects. These injuries typically cause muscle strains that require physical therapy to heal. Recovery periods (and missed work time) are linked to the injury’s severity.
- Repetitive strainThis type of injury usually develops over time as employees perform repetitive motions. The most common injuries in this category are carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis or bursitis. Perfecting your posture and taking breaks often can help prevent repetitive strain injuries.
- Slips, trips and fallsThese injuries can occur anywhere. From a wet bathroom floor to a loose roof shingle, slips, trips and falls can cause serious injuries – such as broken bones, concussions, bruises, sprains, etc. Learn more about preventing slip and fall injuries here.
- Falling objectsPainful contact with falling objects is more likely in some workplaces than others. Those who work on construction sites, in factories or in warehouses are at a greater risk.
- Car accidentsMany employees’ job description requires them to get behind the wheel. Whether they are making local deliveries or traveling great distances, these accident victims are eligible for Workers’ Comp benefits if the wreck occurred while they were on the clock.
Workers’ Comp Attorneys in Berkeley County, SC
West Law Firm is proud to serve local Lowcountry workers – just like we have been since 1945! Our Moncks Corner, SC office is easy to find, putting a team that cares right around the corner.
While not every injury is preventable, these simple tips can help prevent workplace accidents. To learn more or to schedule your free consultation, contact West Law Firm today! Call 843-761-5626 or click here to contact our Workers’ Comp lawyers.